For links to the Japanese sites of all shows, airdates, and info on sub groups, click here.
Table of Contents:
S1. Stuff I’m Excited About
S2. Stuff I’ll try out for sure
S3. Stuff I’m not touching.
1. GUNSLINGER GIRL SEASON 2 – So, starting with the obvious, GG season 2 is coming and I couldn’t be happier. Not only my favorite manga of all time, but a very excellent anime, there’s pretty much no way this can go wrong. It will cover the Pinocchio arc which contains THE two best fight scenes that exist in manga, one of which is so epic it’s unbelievable. Hearsay tells me the first ep will likely be a recap, so even if you missed the first season, give this one a shot!
2. Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei – the question on everyones mind – will AFK actually finish subbing the damn first season before the second starts?! In any event, every part of the concept of a second season of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is positively erotic. Even though I haven’t even watched all of the episodes that have been subbed yet (despite seeing several 3 times now) SZS is definitely one of my favorite shows and one of the ones that assured my overblown love of Akiyuki Shinbo (sometime referred to as “god”).
3. Shigofumi – Zee Oh Emm Gee. So, the first time I ever looked at a piece of art for this series, from the same person who did the art for Kino no Tabi, I was instantly in love. Then I found out it was based on a light novel, which is ALWAYS a plus. Then I saw the rich, beautiful animation and the abound comparisons to Shinigami no Ballad and I was completely in love. This one will definitely be a cult favorite.
4. Ookami to Koushinryou – So, Andrew Cunningham, the guy behind translating the Kino no Tabi and Boogiepop novels (AKA best guy evar) and also one of the first to draw attention to the Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei manga in America (as ‘the most untranslatable manga ever’ …go figure) did a review of the light novel this is based on. Now, I’m a huge fan of light-novel-based-anime already as it is, but that review piques my interest like no tomorrow. And the art is ****ing beautiful.
5. Hatenkou Yuugi – The shoujo show of the season, this one sounds pretty fun – it’s evidently from the same magazine as Loveless and some other popular titles that I haven’t seen, but I’ll be glad to finally catch a shoujo series for once. The art is pretty…. The biggest reason I’ll be watching is just cuz of how awesome Shugo Chara turned out to be XD
1. PERSONA -Trinity Soul- – Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 might be my favorite RPG of all time, even though I’ve only played it for around 10 hours (I don’t game >_>) so I’m excited about their being an anime, though the story is set 10 years and the future and stars 3 ungodly bishi-boys. Now, I’m none to keen on game-based-anime (especially if they start going on about ‘that thing that happened 10 years ago’ or something) but the plot is intriguing and, I mean, it IS Shin Megami Tensei. I won’t get my hopes up, but there’s a chance this could kick major ***.
2. Minami-ke – I still need to catch up on the current season of Minami-ke (as well as, you know, everything from the fall season ^^; however once I do, I’m sure the second one will be inviting. The odd parts are how they decided to use a second studio for the new season, but it could be that they just wanted to keep it fresh? Who knows, but it’ll be interesting for a show like this to continue onto a whole new season.
3. ARIA the ORIGINATION – So, I STILL haven’t watched the first two seasons of ARIA even though everyone and their ****ing grandma hails it as a masterpiece. I should probably get it done quickly so that I can watch the 3rd season along with all the cool kids.
4. Mnemosyne – There was a 3-minute preview of this which looked potentially awesome. Some great-looking action scenes abound and tons of yuri hints. It’s very likely to contain a lot of nudity and blood, which is the only thing that kind of turns me off of it, but there’s the chance we’re headed for a badass action series (something the Fall season lacked).
5. true tears – Based on a bishoujo game, which is a shtick I’m tired of, however the character designs are so awesome that I have to watch.
6. H2O – I would have backlogged this as another bishoujo game adaption that I wasn’t going to give a chance, but then I found out the main character is blind. Interesting, to say the least.
1. Rosario to Vampire – mindless fanservice
2. Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de (They are my noble masters) – mindless-er fanservice
3. Sisters of Wellber 2 – Even though I was one of the like, 6 people to watch any of it and I only saw 6 eps since it was never finished getting subbed. and I doubt season 2 will be either. I love how everyone’s reaction to this is ‘people watched season 1?! who?!’