I could have done a massive post about what happened in 2009 like I did the two years prior, but fuck. The best summary of 2009 is as follows – a lot of fucking shit happened, and no progress was made. It was a year of constant changes, turbulent emotions, Funeral and Zerodyme living with me, graduation, college, and I did zero work on any major creative work in the whole of the year, nor did pursue any purpose. It was only at the end of the year that I finally decided where I was headed in life.
If nothing else, though, it was an incredibly otaku year. The only problem with 2009 was that in terms of what happened throughout the year, it wasn’t so bad, but it could never live up to the greatness of 2008, and the constant changes and failures kept me from stabalizing. In terms of otakudom, though, it was an amazing year. I consumed everything and then gave it all meaning through FUCKTONS OF BLOGGING. I did almost 365 FUCKING POSTS in 2009, which would have matched my post-to-day ratio 1:1. Crazy fucking year and if nothing else, I love it for that.
And that’s it for 2009. I’m FRESH FO’ 2010 MOTHA FUCKAS!!! This year won’t be easy. It will probably be a very slow and steady climb, not unlike 2008, but unlike 2008 it will not go without results. It will be a year of fucking MAGIC.
– Record at least 2 videos a month all year (As promised to my little brother)
– Finish as many of my unfinished anime as possible.
– Wrap up or continue all of my blog series that are just hanging on loose ends such as Don’t Fuck This Up or the Utena episodics.
– ACHIEVE HIGH-ASS MARKS IN MY COLLEGE CLASSES (BECAUSE OTHERWISE EVERYTHING IS FOR FUCKING NOTHING)
– Reach Otaku Nirvana
– Write a fucking novel’s worth of content for Dark Dreams at the End of the World. I don’t care if none of it is connected, I need the fucking content.
– Learn to drive within the next 4 months (necessity)
– Get Laid
– Get my fucking friends out of my fucking house before my parents throw them out, and while I’m at it, get my fucking self out of the fucking house!!!
– Get Money
– Comprise my Top 100 Anime of All Time list with COMPLETE AND UTTER CONFIDENCE
– Keep my fucking room clean to at least some extent
– Loose some fucking weight, put on some fucking muscle, and learn to fucking fight. I want to make this dream finally fucking HAPPEN.
– Turn my youngest brother into the God-Level Otaking Prodigy that he is on the path to becoming.
– Keep my little bro on the path to success and make sure he makes it through high school without a problem.
– Show the fucking world what I am really capable of.
I think that about covers it. 2010 is my fucking year. Ain’t no bitch ass motha fuckas gunna get in my way, and ain’t no wall gunna try and block my path. Fuck everything that might hold me down! My mom asked me during our New Year’s bash what my resolution was, and as she did, she unwittingly held up one of the sticky notes that had been on my computer and fell off during transportation. The sticky note read simply: “MASSUGU GO! GANBARU!” I pointed at it and said ‘THAT!’ and it’s exactly what I fucking plan to do. Move forward and do my best – there is no better resolution.