I’ve been called for interrogation by animekritik as part of some anime blogger circle thing. It’s the first I’ve heard of it, which makes me wonder—is that because it’s only just begun, or because I’m so out of the loop?
Whatever the case, my first thought upon reading the rules in ak’s post was, “he’s gotta pick me!” I guess I consider myself a HIGH-PRIORITY BLOGGER in ak’s eyes. I was only third on his list though, so WHATEVER man.
On the real though, it’s a little nostalgic. It’d be a lot more nostalgic if I hadn’t been tagged by one of the two bloggers I actually read, though. I can’t be all, “OMG, other people read me and are interested in my opinion!” Instead it’s like, “glad to know I can still count on good old AK to make me feel connected to someone.”
There’s just a handful of you, but ya’ll are enough to keep me writing!
1. DREAM: You go to the bathroom and hear the sound of water. You open the door and to your utter amazement __________ is using your shower and smiling at you. [Fill in the blank with an anime character of your choice]
Hmmm. Okay. Knowing the way my dreams actually play out, it would probably be a loli that I have mixed feelings about (coughRika), making me wake up half-happy and half-having a meltdown over whether or not I’m a pedophile. Let’s say this isn’t a realistic dream, but actually a dream that if I woke up from, I’d be fucking depressed about it.
Any of my three hottest anime girls would be ideal in this situation. All three of them, I could do anything with. If it’s an all-out dream where I can do whatever I want, or if it’s more like a, “my dream of an ideal life,” where I have to be all reasonable and shit, all three of them fit. Waifu/girlfriend material and wank fantasy material alike.
For the sake of consistency, I’m going to choose Kagamin to fill in the blank.
2. NIGHTMARE: You go to the bathroom and hear the sound of water. You open the door and to your utter amazement __________ is using your shower and smiling at you. [Fill in the blank with an anime character of your choice]
(Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?)
3. Why do anime characters have such big eyes?
They all got mad surprised when they saw my big-ass DICK.
4. What anime series, if mentioned in a conversation as “a good show” or “a fun show” or “actually OK” or “not that bad”, will most likely make you throw up because of the horrible taste the person speaking evidently has?
I try not to be like this, but I don’t know how I’d deal with the situation anymore because it’s been a long time since I’ve had it. Back in high school I’d talk to people who’d seen a few shows, and their favorite would be some random-ass, thoroughly generic shit like UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie which I haven’t seen but don’t even need to. Those situations usually made me berate them about it.
Recently, I looked at a friend’s MAL, and they gave Kai Doh Maru a 5/10. I screamed, “WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU,” at my computer screen. This bitch gave lower scores to perfectly good shows, so showing any forgiveness to that bullshit was unforgivable.
5. Does watching anime in the nude enhance your viewing experience in any way? How so? Explain in detail and/or with pictures.
Surprisingly, I don’t think I’ve watched anything in the nude. If I did, I don’t remember what show it was. But I’m not the type to sit around naked anyways. I like having a shirt on.
Now it’s my turn to ask five questions of five bloggers. Since ak has already participated, and has already tagged ghostlightning, my options are limited. I guess I could tag ghost anyways because then he could answer both of our questions (assuming he even has time or inspiration to participate). I also don’t know who else has already been tagged by others and not gotten around to posting.
I’m just gonna tag five people whom I know haven’t posted a response yet. And if you’re one of those five people and don’t want to make a post, or if you’re not one of those people and want to answer anyway, leave your response in the comments!
1. Right now, how connected do you feel with the anime blogosphere? Do you feel like you are a part of the community, or an outlier? Do you feel relevant?
2. The era of blogs may be coming to an end. New social media services are coming which will combine the best functions of services like blogs, tumblr, twitter, and reddit. What would be the ideal form of social media service to you? Do you like the current model of blogs, twitter, and tumblr, or are you super excited to ditch that noise?
3. With the exception, perhaps, of SummerS, we’ve all been watching anime on a weekly basis for years on end now. All of us have probably found a certain groove (like mine of watching fucking nothing). Are you satisfied with the way you watch anime now? If you had a different lifestyle, would you change the way that you watch anime, or is the way you watch more based around what shows are on the air? (To rephrase: do you wish you could watch more shows? Do you think you’re already watching too many? Etc.)
4. Getting into the really important question: what would you like to see from me in the future? All five of you are long-time readers of my blog, and some of you have read me very consistently. Chii, for instance, reads just about everything I put out, and Schneider has read a lot of my fiction and non-blog work which I haven’t even shown anyone besides him. All of you must enjoy something about my writing, or enjoyed something about it in the past. This isn’t me asking for advice on how to be a better writer: I’m asking, what do YOU want to see me write about? What, if I posted it, would make you really glad to see me writing something like that?
5. What has got you by the balls right now, in life? It doesn’t have to be anime. For instance, I know that while ghosty is still watching and blogging anime, he’s putting more energy into playing Mass Effect as Jerrid Messa and probably rebuilding his house after the recent flood. Much in the way that video games are currently the major driving force of my energy right now, what is the major driving force of yours?
Wow, those were unexpectedly great questions. Now I actually am really excited to see them answered!