While my trip was a positive experience, Otakon 2011 was pretty disappointing (which’d be a real problem if I was paying for the trip myself). I ask myself: would I go back next year? Even if I had to pay for it? I’m thinking no, not unless they bring over, like, Hanazawa Kana or something. But this isn’t a negative post, I think.
Tag Archives: cosplay
Otakon 2010 – Mono no Aware
My Day 0 post can serve as an introduction. I’ve also posted about my haul and my karaoke performances. Here goes the daily details – please note that this post is pretty messy and long. I kept putting off writing it, but TheBigN is still doing his this late, and I read these inspiring words form ghostlightning that made me think something would be better than nothing.
This post will be very hard to read if you don’t keep this in mind: I have two younger brothers. One is 17, and one is 12. I refer to the 17yo one as ‘bro’ or ‘brother’, and I refer to the 12yo one as ‘baby bro’ or ‘baby brother’. If you do not see the word ‘baby’, then I’m not referring to the 12 yo.
Nekocon Day 2 – I Came, I Bought, I Left
Nekocon was not something I regret, because I got to experience a small con, got to run my first panel, and got to buy what is now my favorite figure in my collection. However, I will never go again, because those are things that could happen at any con, and there’s no reason to go to anything as shitty as Nekocon ever again. In the future, I’ll stick just to cons big enough to have Japanese guests.
Coolest Things I Watched on Nico Nico Douga Today (Lucky Star and a Whole Lot of Miku)
I spent my whole day watching/listening to NicoNicoDouga videos. I’ve listened to the NicoNicoRyuuseigun like 8 times (it’s 14 minutes long) and I’m trying to learn the lyrics so I can perform it at my next con. In the meantime, none of these are necessarily new, but these are the most awesome things I watched on Nico Nico Douga today. If you have no idea what NicoNico is or how to use it, see my other recent posts on it.
1. Hatsune Miku Cosplayer Performing Nico Nico Ryuuseigun – In the event that I were to marry a woman, this would be exactly what she would be like. As in, she’d be a short girl who cosplays Hatsune Miku and can sing and dance the entire Nico Nico Ryuuseigun. Anyway, this is the best thing ever, and what inspired me to learn all of the lyrics to Ryuuseigun.
2. Girl Playing Base For Miku Song – Speaking of girls who are my type, I like girls and I like the bass guitar, so I always love seeing them put together. Longtime readers (lol) may remember me having sever girl-holding-bass site banners back when I was Euphoric field… and when Euphoric Field had banners. Anyway, here’s some girl and bass, courtesy of OmegaDogma.
3. Chibi Miko Fun Videos – Chibi Miku is back! GOD IT’S SO MOE I MIGHT EXPLODE!!!
4. Vocaloid Band Performance – This is an awesome band performance video and a pretty good song to go with it. Gotta love otaku who love music.
5. Really Awesome Hatsune Miku Performance – This is one of the best Hatsune Miku songs I’ve heard yet. I love the airy vocals and the pretty piano over a fat bass riff.
6. Lucky Star Short Edited Funnies – wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww