I’m gunna try to go through my time at Otakon as fast as possible. There are a number of things that deserve their own posts, some of which I’m sure someone else will do better (such as someone who’s camera didn’t run out of memory during Yamakan’s QnA.) This was an extremely fun and extremely fast otakon that, while not legendary like last year’s, was still a much-needed thing in my life and unforgettable. Pics will come in a second post, later.
It’s been a while, but it’s time for another Digital Boy fanfic! Everyone should know who Hatsune Miku is, but here’s a link to the Vocaloid wiki for those who don’t. All of the vocaloids appear in this story briefly, but you don’t really need to know anything about any of them to understand this story. As a matter of fact, if this is your first encounter with Miku, you should be fine anyway, seeing as how she’s not so much a character as an instrument anyway, lol. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this story.
So, Ghostlightning and I did our first videocast on Fuzakenna TV! And it was a ton of fun, especially with the live chat going on through it. Even though whether we stayed on topic at all is debatable! It was supposed to be a war, but then it just became us fanboying, showing our tits, and I got to somewhat meet his wife. It’s worth it just to hear GL’s funny accent and my awesome fanservice. Summary: Anime is the best fanboying, Bemboo Leaf Rhapsody was great, and I’ll be making 20 Eureka Seven posts!
TO WATCH THE SHOW: Go to Fuzakenna TV, click the ON-DEMAND button, and click on WE REMEMBERED LOVE – GHOSTLIGHTNING AND DIGITALBOY
– Opening Theme: Love is War, Hatsune Miku
– Digitalboy fanservice
– The battle begins
– We completely get off on a tangent about making anime
– Ghostlightning brings in his wife
– We end things because they are getting old, GL wraps it up
– We end up talking about Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody somehow
– Ending Theme: Konata Healing Springs
There was once a time in my life where I could confidently say that I liked anime because it had action, bloodshed, and badass characters. There was a time where I could confidently say that I liked anime because it had better plots or directing than other mediums. There was a time where I could confidently say that I liked anime because it represented some specific thing that I enjoyed. However, at this time, if you asked me what I looked for in anime – what specific thing was my reason for consuming Japanese cartoons, I’d probably be at a total loss. The best explanation I have is: I’m an otaku.
I spent my whole day watching/listening to NicoNicoDouga videos. I’ve listened to the NicoNicoRyuuseigun like 8 times (it’s 14 minutes long) and I’m trying to learn the lyrics so I can perform it at my next con. In the meantime, none of these are necessarily new, but these are the most awesome things I watched on Nico Nico Douga today. If you have no idea what NicoNico is or how to use it, see my other recent posts on it.
1. Hatsune Miku Cosplayer Performing Nico Nico Ryuuseigun – In the event that I were to marry a woman, this would be exactly what she would be like. As in, she’d be a short girl who cosplays Hatsune Miku and can sing and dance the entire Nico Nico Ryuuseigun. Anyway, this is the best thing ever, and what inspired me to learn all of the lyrics to Ryuuseigun.
2. Girl Playing Base For Miku Song – Speaking of girls who are my type, I like girls and I like the bass guitar, so I always love seeing them put together. Longtime readers (lol) may remember me having sever girl-holding-bass site banners back when I was Euphoric field… and when Euphoric Field had banners. Anyway, here’s some girl and bass, courtesy of OmegaDogma.